Updated April 2022
Gaia Community takes its commitment to caring for each other seriously. To help us protect each other, we have adopted the following practices:
- For the foreseeable future, Gaia Community will offer both in-person and online access to services, as long as CDC-reported levels of transmission in the Kansas City metro stay in the Medium range or lower. If transmission returns to the High range or above, we’ll go back to online-only events until the wave passes.
- Online access to services will continue. This allows us to continue to serve our members and friends in faraway places, as well as those who aren’t able to be physically present with us for other reasons, and those who don’t feel comfortable joining us in person. If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently tested positive, we ask that you join us online until your quarantine period is over, when we will be happy to welcome you to in-person events again.
- Masks will be required for everyone attending an in-person event. Masks will be available at the event.
- Proof of vaccination will also be required for people attending in-person events. At this time, we feel we can safely accommodate one household with unvaccinated members per event. Please get your shots and stay up to date with boosters as needed! If you need help getting your vaccine, please reach out.
- Because children under 5 still cannot be vaccinated, we can’t offer KidSpace activities right now. We hope to bring KidSpace back at some point in the future.
- We will not provide support for religious exemptions from vaccine requirements.
- We will set up our space to allow for physical distancing between households.
- We will not be eating or drinking at indoor events for the time being.
If you have questions or concerns about our COVID practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “COVID”.